Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Brilliance.

Well as most of you know, I have three dogs whom I love very dearly.  Doodle was not feeling well last night, so she slept out of her crate last night, and was taken to the vet promptly this morning.  She had a tumor on her spleen, so they had to remove it. :(  I was at work all day, so I was unable to come home, (I couldn't do anything for her anyways.)  I came home, and ended up having to go with mom to take her to the ER from the Vets office to have her monitored for the evening...she's not doing so well, so please pray for her!

           _________________________________________

In other news...

Monday I worked at the magazine, and I decided to ask my boss if she wanted to go to Charlotte Fashion Week, she said YES (of course.) and was just going to buy the tickets.  I had the bright idea to call and see if they would send us tickets, since we are media.  Well, I called, and you guessed it...WE GOT TICKETS..... FRONT ROW tickets to Charlotte's Fashion Week on the Bridal night.  :D

Yesterday I worked at the shoe store, and had some time to come up with another brilliant idea...

Today, (Wednesday), I decided to pose the idea to my boss about going to Atlanta's Bridal Market.  This is a big deal, so I figured I would give it a shot.  We quickly found out that it was the same week as Charlotte Fashion Week, so we wouldn't be able to attend both :(  Here's where the brilliance comes in....  I then posed the idea of going to New York's Bridal Fashion Week.  My boss that was a great idea, and again, she wanted to just buy the tickets.  I told her, "Well let me throw around the fact that I work for a magazine, and see what they do."  So I did.

Here's the best part...

I GOT SIX MEDIA PASSES AND CREDENTIALS FOR NEW YORK BRIDAL FASHION WEEK!

Yes, I know...you might as well just pick me up off the ground..this is so huge for me!!! To sweeten the deal, they are allowing us to meet personally with the designers of the gowns and interview them, oh and we get to shoot video and take as many pictures as we want...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in total shock that I actually get to go to NYC and attend BRIDAL FASHION WEEK!!!  Such a big highlight for me!

1 comment:

  1. So extremely proud of you!! This has always been your dream from the 1st day I met you. You will do amazing things and I will make sure to see you even if it's for 5 minutes so I can give you a hug in person!

    ReplyDelete