Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Call Me Old Fashioned

Call me old fashioned, but I have seen a trend in bridal gowns that I am not too fond of.  There is a growing trend in slits in wedding gowns.  Yes, I did say a slit in a wedding gown.  I don't understand this mentality of looking sexy on your wedding day. On your wedding day, you want to look classy, and sophisticated, not immortalized with a picture of your leg hanging out there!  Leave that for your wedding night, not for the ceremony!   I think that a slit is a great idea for the reception, but not for the ceremony!





While I think that these gowns are very pretty, I do not think that they are appropriate for a wedding.  I think that they could be more appropriate on the red carpet in another color.  

There is one exception to this rule, in my opinion.  There is a gown by Casablanca Bridal that includes a "zipper-slit." I LOVE THIS DRESS!   The BEST quality of this gown is that for the ceremony, you can have the zipper down, and then let loose and unzip it for the reception.

Here is the beautiful gown...
By the way- it is Casablanca 2022. :D



In my opinion, I think that Casablanca bridal got it right, they knew that the slit needed to be hidden for the ceremony and then letting it loose later!  


No comments:

Post a Comment