Sunday, December 18, 2011

Embracing Your Collection

For those of you who know me well, you will know that I have a LOVE of Christmas Ornaments.  I have been collecting them for years now, and have quite the extensive collection.  I have about five boxes to be exact, of which are all organized.  One box is hand-made ornaments that were made from my grandma.  Each year, grandma asked me what I would like, among the most recent ones include Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants, Boo and Mike from Monsters Inc.  Call me a child, but I love them!  Two boxes are dedicated to Hallmark ornaments, while another box is dedicated to just barbies. The remaining boxes are dedicated to glass ornaments. I have twenty four barbie ornaments to be exact.  They range from barbies in ball gowns to cute little bikinis.   This year's Hallmark ornaments are so adorable and I want them all! Check them out...Awesome Barbie Ornaments

On a side note, I found online yesterday the Kate Middleton bride barbie doll.  Needless to say, I love her, and I want her!  I found her on the Bradford Exchange website.  
Check her out!  





I have had a love of fashion since a little kid, and it really shows.  The majority of my ornaments include heels, and other girly things, with an abundance of glitter. I just picked up some lace a couple days ago from a antique store, and I thought it might be cool to use as garland one day.

So what does this have to do with my bridal blog you ask?  Well, my thought was that you could incorporate your collection into your wedding.  Maybe when I get married, my favor would be a Christmas ornament.  That is something I would like to leave you with.  

Do you collect teapots?  Why not use them as a centerpiece so that you don't have to purchase centerpieces!  Or what about vintage cameras, purchase some vintage cameras and give them as favors. 

Be creative and embrace your collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment