Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh for the love of cake!

I was in the grocery store today picking things up for home-made pizza, and I always make my rounds to the magazine section.  I saw the January edition of Brides Magazine and I was so intrigued. the cover dress is a Carolina Herrera wedding gown, valued at over $8000.  It was so stunning, and so un-traditional, that it piqued my interest and I had to open the book!  (guess that's what they want you to do)  Although it didn't have any of the "cake-like" qualities such as pickups or organza flowy parts to the skirt, I couldn't help thinking of cake.  (Maybe it was the brownies in my cart!"

Here's the gorgeous dress!

Carolina Herrera "Eva"


Pretty huh?! I thought so! :D

Anyways, Brides.com has this amazing tool online called Design Your Dream Cake, and you can find it here.
You can get a general gist of what you are looking for in a cake with this great little tool!  I love it! 

Then I stumbled upon some pix of cakes on their site, and here are my favorites. Although I am not fond of the color choices of the cakes, the general concept of them is impeccable!







and then I stumbled upon the Piece de re'sistance
("showpiece" in French)


This is my favorite!

When thinking of ideas for a cake, think of something that is not only going to compliment your personal wedding style, your theme, time of year, etc, but also make it reflect you and your groom to be.  It will always look classy if it reflects you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment