Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Brooch Here, A Brooch There


Today I would like to take a minute and talk about bouquets- one type in particular...brooch bouquets. About two years ago, I found them in a magazine, thought it was a great idea. I showed my mom, and she thought that they were tacky! To each his own, I suppose! At the time, I was engaged, and planning my own wedding, (broken up now,) I was looking at interesting ideas, and I found the bouquets. I thought they were such a quirky and fun way to enhance your day, and they don't die! You might be able to use them as a centerpiece on your dining room table at a later date. Also, think of it this way, if your great grandma had tons of brooches, then you are set, and you have a sentimental way to honor her and her legacy. How cool is that! I have been looking at wedding stuff since I was a kid, and this is so new and so cool! Since then, the brooch bouquet trend has really taken off,

Miranda Lambert wed Blake Shelton, and she had a beautiful bouquet adorned with brooches...





While looking up some beautiful brooch bouquets I stumbled upon a great site, for the bride that wants something different...

The site is called Hair Bows Wonder World, and let me just tell you, I am going to show just a few of their amazing pieces...They not only do brooch bouquets, they do silk bouquets, and head pieces too. I love looking at their etsy shop.










If you are going for a vintage vibe, this is definitely a route you should look into... and how cute would it be as a bridesmaid gift!

Here's some more bouquets I found, while trolling theknot.com, etsy.com, google too 









I can't say enough about how much I love brooch bouquets, and if you are looking to have something different, interesting, even Whimsical... look into these stunning keepsakes.

1 comment: